How You’ll Work at Stewardship
We work really hard to make working at Stewardship an amazing experience. In addition, we have a team of truly exceptional people that have genuine care for one another. Relationships are a key to what we do – externally with our customers and internally with each team member. Here is how it operates:
Take Breaks, Watch Netflix, and Play Games
This job requires that you work in front of a computer. We do our best to provide for you an awesome setup. Each employee has a 50in 4k monitor that allows multiple windows open at once. This is done to ensure you are able to complete your tasks quickly, but also to allow you to have fun while you work. It is very common to see Stewardship team members binge watch Netflix shows, scroll through social media, play games, and more while working. You need to enjoy your job. Sometimes administrative work is not super enjoyable. It is hard work and can get boring. So, we want you to have the liberty to entertain yourself while you work.
Up Your Game
We are serious about helping you become a master of your craft. Yes, we give you a gigantic monitor, but we want to give you any other piece of equipment that might make you better at your job. It could be something small like a special pen you like to use, or something bigger like the latest and greatest software because you know it will make you better at your job. It doesn’t matter. We all work hard. Serving people and selflessly putting others needs above your own through an insurance transaction is not easy. That is why we will do whatever we can to provide you with the tools, equipment, and training so that you are good at your job. We want you to come to work feeling like you are awesome at what you do.
Put Family First
You must ALWAYS (in a friendly, ALL CAPS YELLING way) put your family before Stewardship. We take this seriously. If you get a text or call from a family member in the middle of work, and you need to be with that family member – do it! If a child is sick at home, and you need to be home with them – stay home! Stewardship will always support you in putting your family first. Will we miss you when you are gone? YES! You will be a vital member of our team. We need dependable people who we can count on to be a part of the team. However, everyone at Stewardship chooses to love you and your family before loving the work you do.
- 401(k) – Stewardship Financial does investments. This 401(k) is the most baller 401(k) you can imagine. It has a company match up to 4% and the fees to manage it are unbelievably low. That means your nest egg has the opportunity to grow much quicker than most. HUGE BENEFIT.
- Estate Plan – Stewardship Planning helps our community properly protect themselves with things like a Will and a Trust. As an employee of Stewardship, you will get a large discount on our Estate Plan package. We want to make sure you and your family are loved through finances too!
- Time Off – Stewardship has a unique “time off” or “vacation” plan. Each employee is allowed unlimited vacation or sick time. We believe everyone on our team is a big boy or a big girl. We trust each person to take the time off they need yet still be a high-performing member of the team. Each employee is required to take one full week off every year. This means no checking email, answering calls, or even thinking about work. Seriously.
- Disability Insurance – Stewardship offers a 15% discount on an individual long-term disability insurance policy.
- Stewardship Kids – We love our kids and have created a safe environment where they feel loved. You will often find the Stewardship kids playing video games, coloring, playing games, doing homework, drinking Izzies, and laughing.
- Office Resources – Our office resources aren’t limited to work-related tasks. That means that if you need to print off documents for personal reasons, go for it! Use a stamp to mail a note. If your kids want to use markers while they are at work with you, or you need paper or pens for a project, please feel free to use available resources as needed. In addition, the Stewardship office is for you to use! Host your small group in the conference room, have a movie night with your family, throw a fantasy football party.
- Work Environment – Most positions at Stewardship have the option of being done remotely, at least part-time. While there are some positions that benefit from specific office hours, as long as you are loving people well and doing your work, you are free to do that work whenever and wherever you like. If that is in the office, at a coffee shop, on the road, or at home, great!